Government of KP has now launched a plan so that youth can be linked up to the growing and massive number of tech based and also ICT-enabled jobs. This subjected kind of plan will be able to include investments in all of the skilled young people, this plan will also support all of the young tech entrepreneurs so that they can launch their own business and startups. It has been declared that the Year 2016 will be the Year of Technology in KPK. This new plan will be able to work with the partners like that of The World Bank and Peshawar 2.0. It will too be having The Digital Youth Summit event that will be one of the largest and massive tech events in Pakistan.
The Digital Youth Summit 2015
We saw that in 2015, the summit has the participation of 3500+ youth, and it also has 100+ local and also international speakers. It also comes with an estimated outreach to 5 million people online, and it also composed of the experts who actually provide mentorship to young people to start their own tech-based business. This Digital Youth Summit 2015 also led to the creation and development of Pakistan’s first ever of its angel investment fund that comes with investors like that from Silicon Valley and also USA and the Middle East. Many of the events will also be taking place in the next few months like that of Art and Technology Festival (“ArtTech Festival”) and also a KP Apps Challenge, and also Digital Youth Summit 2016. Major five components of this plan include:
- Skills Development and Training
- Supporting initiatives like that of incubation programmes.
- To support flagship events, like that of the emerging Digital Youth Summit in Peshawar.
- To create Angel Investment and also funding opportunities for the youth
- To support community kind of building efforts with all of the stakeholders like that of the academia and also with the private sector and too with the development sector.
Stay tuned to have more updates!