Chairman PTI shares vision for transforming Pakistan.
Islamabad: PTI is pleased to announce the first major digital policy by any political party for the 2018 elections. This visionary policy encompasses long term programs that cover everything from education, infrastructure, financing to global market access. PTI understands the importance of a digital economy for the future progress of Pakistan and considers this digital policy to be a key pillar in guaranteeing the domestic and export growth if the Pakistani economy. Our vision for a digital Pakistan will not only create an unprecedented amount of jobs in the IT sector, but will also become an enabler for transforming the rest of the economy. Chairman PTI, Imran Khan personally launched PTI’s digital policy in Islamabad today and said “…” .
Asad Umar stated “….”.
Syed Ahmed, CEO DPL IT asserted“…”.
The following key focus areas will form the core of a digital Pakistan:
1. $2 Billion National digital transformation initiative to digitalize
government functions and provide citizen services through mobile.
2. Open government data to increase transparency, curb corruption and increase efficiency in governance.
3. Graduate IT education of 50,000 students from disadvantaged backgrounds from across Pakistan will be sponsored into tier one universities over 5 years.
4. Establishment of 120 new campuses of tier-1 universities will be supported to produce 100,000 technology graduates/year.
5. Maths and Science teacher training and certification program at Government Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools. Direct financial incentives will be provided to tens of thousands of teachers to improve their Maths & Science teaching skills.
6. Five new major technology clusters (Special Economic Zones) will be developed with international class infrastructure.
7. 50,000 call center seats available on turnkey basis to support new jobs creation.
8. One window operation to register new company and manage all government compliance.
9. A global PR campaign involving expat community to launch Pakistan as tourism and business friendly destination.
10. Visa issuance on green passport for Businessmen and professionals will be top priority in bilateral trade talks.
11. Simplification of processes for foreign ownership of companies to encourage international investments.
12. Focus will be on creating enabling environment for start-ups and entrepreneurs.
13. Public Private Partnership on projects to develop capability of industry rather than government competing with private businesses.
14. Target will be set to increase global ranking of Pakistan in ease of doing business, network readiness indices and other global rankings.